Things you should know
Check-in at the airport
An Airport Angel will accompany each child from their taxi/coach to the correct terminal and go to the designated check-in desk. They will be assisted with the check-in procedure and on completion of this will be escorted to the security gate where they will be seen through.
Unaccompanied minors will follow the same process with an Airport Angel taking care of all paperwork and the declaration form;
The Declaration Form will require the following information:
- age and date of birth of the child
- languages the child speaks if they do not speak English
- whether they have any allergies or additional needs
- name/address and telephone number both of the person delivering the child to the airline and the name/address and telephone number of the person collecting the child at the destination; or the airline to which they are transferring, if applicable
- A contact telephone number on which nominated parents/guardians can always be contacted both at the departing and arrival airport. This is particularly important should there be any disruption to flights.
Following check-in the child will be cared for until they are taken by an Airport Angel to the relevant meet point and placed in the care of the airline staff.
- All children need to be at the airport at least two hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- We will provide our contact details to the airline in case there is any disruption to flights.
Taking care of your child
- A member of Airport Angels staff will look after the child and remain with them until they enter the security gate or are taken as an unaccompanied minor by an airline representative if applicable.
- For unaccompanied minors, it is essential that we know who will be collecting the child at the arrival airport as these details will be required on the paperwork.
- An Airport Angel will be present in the Arrivals Hall ready to meet & greet the child on their arrival. In the case of unaccompanied minors the child will be bought through arrivals by an airline representative and all the necessary paperwork completed to facilitate the transfer of the Unaccompanied Minor between the designated parties.
- The child will then be accompanied to their onward transport.
Please be aware that the following conditions apply to all Children/Unaccompanied Minor bookings:
- If the child suffers from any medical conditions we must be advised at the time of booking. Airport Angels are unable to administer medication.
- If a child is being met at the airport by a family member/friend identification or advance notification must be provided to Airport Angels. We will not release any child without this.
- A Sender (who will check in the child) and a Receiver (who will collect the child) must be nominated at the time of making the booking. The Sender and Receiver will be an Airport Angel which ensures the transition runs smoothly. All required information in this booking process must be completed and accurate in order to facilitate the transfer of the Unaccompanied Minor between designated parties
- Children are monitored and cared for continuously throughout their time at the airport. They will be accompanied at all times.
- Whilst every precaution is taken to check the quality of service, journeys arranged in hired transport or public transport, although booked by Airport Angels, are made entirely at the student’s own risk and we can accept no liability for such journeys.
- Airport Angels does not assume responsibility for a child’s actions. THE PURCHASER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND FULLY RELEASE AIRPORT ANGELS FOR ANY AND ALL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY OR PERSONS CAUSED BY OR INCURRED AS A RESULT OF A CHILDS ACTIONS, INCLUDING INJURIES TO THE CHILD CAUSED BY HIS OR HER OWN NEGLIGENCE.
- Liability Without limitation, AIRPORT ANGELS, Student Services Ltd, its partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, or agents is not responsible for any injury, loss, or damage to person or property, death, delay, or inconvenience in connection with the provision of any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, strikes or other labour activities, criminal, terrorist or threatened terrorist activities of any kind, difficulty in evacuation in case of a medical or other emergency, or for any other cause beyond the direct control of AIRPORT ANGELS.